DIY Mother's Day Crafts for Kids
Fun and Easy Projects to Show Mom You Care
Elvine Assouline - Founder
Table of Contents
Introduction: The Joy of Handmade Gifts
Mother’s Day is the perfect opportunity for kids to show their love and appreciation for their moms through creative and heartfelt gifts. Handmade presents carry a special touch that store-bought items can’t match. By guiding your children through various DIY projects, you’ll not only help them express their gratitude but also create lasting memories together. In this article, we’ll explore a range of fun and easy Mother’s Day crafts that kids can create with a little help from you.
Creative DIY Mother's Day Crafts
Personalized Photo Frame (mothers day crafts)
Create a memorable homemade mothers day gift by decorating a simple wooden or cardboard photo frame. Kids can personalize the frame using paint, markers, stickers, or glitter. Once the frame is decorated, add a favorite photo of mom and the child together to complete the perfect Mother’s Day present.
- Plain wooden or cardboard photo frame
- Acrylic paint
- Decorative items (stickers, glitter, buttons, etc.)
- A photo of your child and their mom
- Paint the frame with a base color of your choice.
- Once the paint is dry, decorate the frame with stickers, glitter, buttons, or any other embellishments you like.
- Place the photo of your child and their mom inside the frame.
Handprint Flower Bouquet (mothers day crafts preschool)
A handprint flower bouquet is a charming way for young children to express their love. To create this project, have your child trace their hand on different colored construction paper and cut out the shapes. Glue or tape the handprints to popsicle sticks, pipe cleaners, or straws to create flower stems. Arrange the handprint flowers in a small vase or a decorated paper cup to create a unique and meaningful bouquet.
- Construction paper or cardstock in various colors
- Green pipe cleaners
- Trace your child’s handprint onto the construction paper or cardstock.
- Cut out the handprints, creating as many as desired to form the bouquet.
- Glue a pipe cleaner onto the back of each handprint to create a stem.
- Gather the handprint flowers together, and tie a ribbon around the stems to complete the bouquet.
Mother's Day Coupon Book
Help your child create a coupon book filled with tasks and favors they can do for their mom, such as making breakfast, doing the dishes, or giving a hug. Use colorful paper to make the coupons and decorate them with drawings or stickers. Bind the coupons together with a ribbon or staple them into a small booklet.
- Cardstock or construction paper
- Markers, crayons, or colored pencils
- Stapler or hole punch and ribbon
- Cut the cardstock or construction paper into equal-sized rectangles or squares.
- On each piece, write a “coupon” for a task or favor your child can do for their mom, such as “One Free Hug,” “Breakfast in Bed,” or “Help with Laundry.”
- Decorate the coupons with drawings or doodles.
- Stack the coupons together, and either staple them along one edge or punch a hole and thread a ribbon through it to bind the book.
Homemade Bath Salts
For a relaxing homemade mothers day gift, kids can create customized bath salts. Mix Epsom salt with a few drops of essential oils (such as lavender or eucalyptus) and a small amount of food coloring to create a fragrant and colorful bath soak. Package the bath salts in a decorative jar or a small pouch with a handmade label.
- Epsom salt
- Baking soda
- Essential oil (such as lavender, rose, or vanilla)
- Food coloring (optional)
- Jar or container with a lid
- Ribbon and label
- In a mixing bowl, combine 2 cups of Epsom salt and 1/2 cup of baking soda.
- Add 10-15 drops of essential oil and mix well.
- If desired, add a few drops of food coloring to give the bath salts a hint of color.
- Transfer the bath salts to a jar or container, and secure the lid.
- Add a ribbon and a label to complete the gift.
Mother's Day Handmade Card (mother's day handmade card)
A heartfelt Mother’s Day card is always appreciated. Encourage your child to create a unique handmade card using colored paper, markers, crayons, or paint. Include a special message or poem to express their love and gratitude. For an extra touch, follow our Origami Mother’s Day Card tutorial to create a beautiful origami heart or flower that can be glued onto the front of the card.
Mother’s day card: mom’s origami dress
Be original for Mother's Day, give her a wonderful origami card! We explain step by step how to do it.Read More
Fingerprint Art Keepsake
Create a one-of-a-kind keepsake using your child’s fingerprints as the basis for the artwork. Have your child dip their fingertips in non-toxic paint and press them onto a canvas or sturdy paper. Transform the fingerprints into flowers, butterflies, or a family tree by adding details with a paintbrush or marker. This beautiful and personal piece of art will be cherished by mom for years to come.
- Air-dry clay or salt dough
- Acrylic paint
- A small rolling pin or a glass jar
- Heart-shaped cookie cutter or a knife to cut the shape
- A ribbon or string
- Roll out the air-dry clay or salt dough to about 1/4-inch thickness.
- Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter or a knife to cut out a heart shape.
- Have your child press their fingerprints into the clay or dough to create a pattern or design.
- Use a straw or a toothpick to make a hole at the top of the heart for the ribbon or string.
- Allow the keepsake to dry completely before painting it and adding the ribbon or string.
Help your child collect small mementos, such as ticket stubs, shells, or pressed flowers, that represent special memories shared with their mom. Arrange the items in a decorative jar or box, and include handwritten notes describing each memory. This thoughtful homemade Mother’s Day gift will be a touching reminder of the special bond between a child and their mother.
- A glass jar or container with a lid
- Small pieces of paper
- Markers or pens
- Stickers, ribbon, or other decorations (optional)
- Have your child write down special memories, quotes, or reasons they love their mom on small pieces of paper.
- Fold the papers and place them in the jar.
- Decorate the jar with stickers, ribbon, or other embellishments.
- Present the memory jar to Mom on Mother’s Day as a special keepsake she can enjoy all year long.
By incorporating these creative DIY Mother’s Day crafts into your celebrations, you can help your child express their love and appreciation in a meaningful and personal way. These homemade projects are perfect for kids of all ages, whether they’re just starting preschool or are growing up into young adults.
Kids can create a variety of DIY projects, such as personalized photo frames, handprint flower bouquets, coupon books, homemade bath salts, and origami cards.
Follow the step-by-step instructions provided in this article for various fun and easy Mother's Day crafts.
An easy and meaningful gift is a Mother's Day coupon book filled with tasks and favors your child can do for their mom.
Some popular crafts for moms include personalized photo frames, handprint flower bouquets, and homemade bath salts.
Spend quality time together creating DIY gifts, enjoying a special meal, or engaging in fun family activities like board games or a movie night.
Show your love and appreciation through heartfelt gestures, such as preparing breakfast in bed, writing a heartfelt letter, or spending quality time together as a family.
Conclusion: Cherishing the Memories
Creating DIY Mother’s Day crafts with your children is a fantastic way to help them express their love and gratitude towards their mom. These projects not only result in heartfelt gifts but also provide an opportunity for quality bonding time. By participating in these activities, you’ll create cherished memories that will last a lifetime.
Whether you’re looking for magical birthday parties or unique entertainment options like Mikael Taieb’s Mathematician Show, The Fun Master offers a range of services to make your celebrations memorable. Explore our website to learn more about how we can bring joy and laughter to your special events.